Saturday, June 7, 2014

Summer Reading

This summer I hope to do a lot of reading. Most of the books will be YA (young adult) or younger chapter books to help me expand the books I'm familiar with that may be relevant to my students.

Some of the books I plan to read (or reread) this summer are:

  • The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
  • Mustard by Charlotte Graeber
  • Max and Me and the Time Machine by Gery Greer and Bob Ruddick
  • Robin Hood of Sherwood Forest by Ann McGovern
  • Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery
  • The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
  • My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George
  • Mr. Popper's Penguins by Richard and Florence Atwater
  • Custer and Crazy Horse by Jim Razzi
  • The Whipping Boy by Sid Fleischman
  • Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
  • The Star Won't Go Out by Esther Earl

I'm looking forward to these books and others. I will be honest when a book just doesn't grab me and I decide to set it aside. In the same light, I will let you know which books take me in and take me away.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment